View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

New Bishop - or just another rumor?

I heard rumors and rumblings about Bishop Clark of the Diocese of Rochester being retired/replaced/"fired" as far back as the 90s. Usually such stories were spread by folks unhappy with some of the things he was doing (or not doing). But those rumors proved just indeed to be rumors.

There's a new one though: That as early as today it could be announced that Auxiliary Bishop Joseph Perry will be named as Bishop Clark's successor, and that Bishop Clark will step down before his official retirement date in 2012.

I'd just consider it another rumor, but Thomas Peters of American Papist fame is reporting that he has heard the rumor. He has a track record of picking up on such things.

Still, it could be just another rumor like all the others. We'll see.

[UPDATE: As of 5 p.m., no news. Just a rumor? Or on hold?]

2 Comments:

Blogger lilyofthemohawk said...

I hate slugs, but am excited at the thought of Bishop Perry coming to Rochester. Hope it's not just a rumor.

2:40 PM  
Blogger lilyofthemohawk said...

I hate slugs, but I am excited at the thought of Bishop Perry in Rochester. Let's hope it's not just a rumor.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home