View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Cuomo commits Sacrilege?

New York's new Governor, Andrew Cuomo, attended Mass today, with his teenage daughters and his live-in girlfriend, who spent the night with him at the Governor's mansion.

I wonder: Did Bishop Hubbard discretely take the governor aside and point out the moral difficulties of having a Catholic politician like Cuomo at Mass - a politician who has vowed to codify abortion legislation (against Church teachings) and who is living with his girlfriend?

Lieutenant Governor Bob Duffy, is quoted as saying, “I think one thing I took away is perhaps if the churches were filled up there’d be less problems in Albany.”

Actually, this bit of political theater today just fits in with the pattern of hypocrisy in Albany.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yes, he did go to Communion - a grave sin.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home