View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The novel - and the McDonald's boycott

A few hundred more words today - up to more than 22,000 overall. That means I've added about 5,000 this summer so far.

13,000 more to go to my "goal," though I will happily push past that mark.

I've got to come up with another name besides the working title "Swedenborg."

On another note, the AFA is calling for a boycott of McDonald's because of its support for same sex marriage - and for implying those who oppose SSM are motivated by "hate."

Umm, some folks are motivated by faith and love.

But I pretty much boycott McDonald's (and other fast food places) already because the food they serve is a threat to health!

1 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Irony.

In my e-mails today was a gift certificate for McDonald's.

I treated it like other spam.

(Then again, Spam is problably better for you than typical McDonald's food!)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home