View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Lake Placid, the novel, and the Anglicans


6 a.m., Lake Placid, from near the motel where we stayed.
I wrote about 650 words on the novel yesterday - back to it. Another killing. I'm going ahead and writing it as it comes to me, not worrying whether it is too graphic for "Christian" markets. I'll deal with that later.
I also wrote the beginning of the "Santa" story I came up with at Lake Placid. A couple of hundred words on that. Sometimes I wonder if I should give up on adult fiction and just stick with the kids stuff.
And I finished the biography of Milton Hershey (of Hershey chocolates), about whom I might write a play for the school.
Speaking of the school, I have to go out there today and clean out computer files. They have to ship the computer back to the central office for reconfiguring, and I have all my school files on it. Ulp.
And then I go to give blood.
On a religious note, the Anglicans are having some problems over the ordination of women. There are reports that some bishops and even dioceses are thinking of aligning with Rome! The women's ordination and gay bishops/marriage issues could lead to more of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home