View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Novel - starting

I finished reading what I'd written. Some sections need revising, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the troubled sections involving the "monster" and the sexual issues surrounding him.

How graphic can you be in a "Christian" horror novel?

I also started writing new material. 462 words this morning.

I need to research allegory and witchcraft. After all, one of my characters is a witch.

And she's one of the "good" guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I added another 433 words this afternoon. Not bad for a first day.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to read it when it's published and I can by the book at Barnes and Noble. :)

9:31 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks. I can't wait to read it myself!

By the way, 584 words this morning.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home