View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Obama admits he's maybe a "little biased"


"Well, I should say at the outset that Skip Gates is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts. ... Now, I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played in that, but I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two, that the Cambridge Police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home; and number three, what I think we know separate and apart from this incident is that there is a long history in this country of African Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately. That's just a fact."

President Obama's maybe "a little biased" comment on the arrest of a friend.

So he did not have all the facts, but he still felt moved to comment? To the media?

Sort of like his pronouncements concerning abortion.

Oh well, you know what white cops are like, right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please show more charity towards the President of the United States.

2:39 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I do. I also pray for him.

But he needs to show more charity toward the unborn and police officers doing their duty - until he knows more of the facts.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Mary Kay said...

Anonymous, how much charity did you show to Bush when he was president?

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home