View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book `em

Brother Charles over at A Minor Friar wrote about "Catholic Conflicts." He suggested that when dealing with conflicts over issues involving interpretation of Church teachings and the "liberal" vs. "conservative" dichotomies it's a good idea to have the good references available. He mentioned the Catechism of the Catholic Church, a collection of church documents, and the Code of Canon Law.

I had a catechism. I usually went online for the Code and to search for documents.

But I'm a book person. I like having hard copies.

Now it just so happens the Good-Looking-One had given me a gift certificate at the Catholic bookstore (she knows me). So I went over yesterday and picked up a copy of the Code, and The Christian Faith in the Doctrinal Document of the Catholic Church (edited by Jacques Dupuis).

1 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Wow, sounds like you are definitely all set now!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home