View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Prayers for Priests

More than a decade ago, I met a dear lady, Mary Reilich. She and another women, Mary Sanders, operated the Monthly Prayer Request for Priests.

The idea is to focus each day on a particular priest or group of priests (i.e those on sabbatical, missionaries, military chaplains, etc.)

They even put out a calendar listing who to pray for.

It's not exclusive to this diocese: There are similar calendars in other dioceses.

It's a great idea. Priests need prayers - and praying won't do the pray-ers any harm!

Saturday (May 5) was for our Bishop, Matthew Clark. Sunday was for Pope Benedict XVI. Today, it's Father Mark Miller, and tomorrow it will be Father Gerard Hafner.

I will add their names to my daily prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home