View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hope

The canon lawyer called yesterday to say that a second canon lawyer was looking at my case. He said if the second one saw the case the same way that he did, then things should be fine. He thought there was going to be no need to get Rome involved.

Phew.

We will be going to the May 26 retreat. If there are no further twists, then I can start the actual application process - which in itself is involved.

Sometimes I just make my life too complicated.

In part in preparation for all this, I left my weekend job. My last day at the radio station as the regular Saturday newscaster/host was yesterday. I'm staying on as a spot reporter and for relief shifts during school breaks, so it's not a complete separation.

My leaving after 22 years was for more than the diaconate, though. After 22 years, I'm tired of getting up at 4:30 and being locked in every Saturday. Now my wife and I can do more (when I'm not in class or workshops if I get into the deacon program), and I'll have more time to visit my dad at the home, and to take him out to lunch and shopping.

Thanks for all your prayers. Please keep them coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home