View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Giving up that Thin Mint addiction?

My daughters were involved in the Girl Scouts, and thus, so was I.

I used to take them to meetings, join them for Christmas caroling, and, of course, buy those cookies.

They are grown up now.

Alas, so it appears are the Girl Scouts.

As Jane Chastain points out, the Girl Scouts are to some degree supporting positions Catholics cannot.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54591

The ties are inconsistent. Some troops invite Planned Parenthood to give workshops. Most do not.

Then again, there are those national positions.

Sigh.

So I guess we all have to be careful about our support for local troops. We need to find out what they promote and support.

Or we need to find alternatives.

But those Thin Mints ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home