View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jalapenos - the hotter the better


The Good-Looking-One was watching one of those cable channels that runs all sorts of odd programs. Last night, they had one on hot peppers(!).

I like hot, spicy food. Even though I'm a vegetarian, I enjoy it when my food fights back.

So I put hot sauce, chile powder, curry, and hot peppers on everything.

The show sparked a desire for something toxic. Today after Mass I stopped at the local supermarket and bought some fresh jalapeno peppers. For lunch I had two of them, partly cooked and with some cheese melted in them.

Mmm. My lips are still tingling.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brother Charles said...

Yum. When I visited our generalate in Rome (HQ of the order) I was happy to go up on the roof and see just as many chiles drying as items of laundry.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous limousine hire said...

Love to spice food..

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home