View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Reminder: Upcoming Pro-life Marches

I've been so tied up with Dad's illness and funeral -and a few other upheavals in my life - in recent weeks that I haven't said much about the upcoming peaceful pro-life march next Saturday (other than announcing it).

I've been so distracted I didn't even remember the day, and feared that with Dad's funeral yesterday I had missed it.

If you are a reader of this blog and you are in the Rochester area consider joining us. As we near a vote on the health care bill, we need to keep up the pressure to make sure that abortion is removed or kept out (I don't know which version of it may finally get approved tonight).

If our politicians think that we don't care, they will force what we don't want on us.

And then join us on Good Friday at McQuaid Jesuit High School for a prayer service and a pro-life Stations of the Cross.

I keep praying that our bishop will join us at one of both of these events. Imagine how much attention that would help to draw to the issue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our bishop is taking part in an ecumenical Stations of the Cross on Good Friday to protest the violence in our city. What about the violence of abortion?

5:03 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I have no problem with the ecumenical march and its goal, but he did that last year. It would be nice if he alternated marches.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Interstate Catholic said...

Just read on the internet where Fr. Paul Marx of Human Life International has passed away.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home