View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

People mentioned in passing in the Gospels

I'm currently reading a novelized account of Joseph of Arimathea's life in England. It got me to thinking: What happened to some of the people mentioned in passing in the Gospels - some with names, others anonymous? The people cured of blindness, possession, paralysis, leprosy? The little girl brought back to life? The centurion? The rich young man?

I know there are legends about some of the better known figures (Lazarus, who supposedly went to France and became the first Bishop of Marseilles, for example). But what of the others?

I wonder if there are any collections out there compiling tales of these people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home