View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Slowly getting back to normal

I am gradually getting beyond the upheavals of the last month - including Dad's death - though there is still much to do with his estate and bills.

My prayer life is beginning to become more like it was, though I am still not there. It did seem counterproductive that when I needed prayer most, I was too tired, too distracted, too lazy, to do what I really needed to do. (Guess that shows I'm not a saint!)

I've even restarted my Secular Franciscan readings. I will make it to the meeting this week.

One tidbit in passing.

While reading a biography of Pope John XXIII, I came across a brief mention of his becoming a Secular Franciscan back on March 1, 1896. Years later in an address he said, "Allow us to add a special word from the heart about how many of those here present belong to the peace-loving army of St. Francis. `I am Joseph, your brother.' With tenderness we love to tell you so."

With the deaths of so many in my family, it's nice to have spiritual brothers like Pope John and my fellow Secular Franciscans.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

May God continue to bless you in your comings and goings...Cathy

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home