View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The tide turns (?)

Okay, so after God played all those jokes, maybe He's letting up for a day or two.

Yesterday, my wife went to the doctor about the back pains she's been having full of fears of fractures in her spine or ribs. Apparently it's a muscle problem that can be treated with relaxants and some exercises. Phew.

I met with the head of the trustees yesterday, and he officially offered me the position of principal (I had been the unofficial principal for the first four years of the school). I accepted. We then talked about some ideas and duties I would be taking over. He also mentioned a raise.

Let's see, bills for the hot water heater, furnace, car door, tires ... yeah, a raise would be nice.

Of course, maybe God has other jokes in store for me.

I'm reminded of the story of St. Teresa of Avila complaining to God about some problems with other people (gossip, hostility). Jesus said the her, "Teresa, that's how I treat my friends." Teresa responded, "No wonder you have so few friends."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home