View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Early poems of a "minor poet" wannabe

I'm in the process of compiling all my poems in a blog.

I'm starting with my earliest ones, working forward.

Right now I'm up to 1990 - 62 poems compiled.

I'm doing this in part to get a count - I think I may have some 200-300, of which about 30 have been published. I also want to have them all in one spot.

The quality varies - from wretched to publishable. Maybe by the time I go home I will, by sheer volume, have enough poems to qualify as a Minor Poet!

The first poem that I wrote (that I can find) is from 1968 - when I was 12/13 -

A leaf tumbled
to the ground.
Don't ask me why:
It just did.


Ah, even then puzzled by the world.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Easter Almuena said...

Hello Lee!
I am honored to meet you (I saw your poem on Veritas' blog). I have written prayer poems and many of them were published. And, hear this, I have been a member of the choir for many years now and I love to laugh!!! I love to giggle, too!!! he he he... And I love being Catholic!!! I'll "see" you again. :-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thank you for stopping by. I'll have to check out some of your poems.

12:25 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

127 - in the midst of a slew of limericks from roughly 2000-2004.

7:54 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

215. Clerihews, dada, and more recent works to go!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home