View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dad: Roller Coaster

Things looked much better with dad yesterday.

He was sitting in a chair, and he recognized us and talked to us rationally. He did drift back to sleep very quickly, and still talked about things or people not there, but he was able to carry on conversations. That was a major improvement since earlier in the day when I was there when dad opened his eyes a few times and squeezed my hand, but then quickly went back to sleep.

The question is, is this a temporary reprieve thanks to the added oxygen and he will decline again, or is he on the way back?

I don't know. I feel a bit on an emotional roller coaster. But at least yesterday I could smile. And even if it does turn again, the girls got to see him and talk to him in a better state than the last time they were there.

Thanks for all the prayers. And thanks to Father Steve for anointing dad yesterday. Treatment is great, but so is prayer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for his improved condition; it's a difficult time for everyone, but your father is in God's Hands. We will continue to pray for him.

12:28 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks. The thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home