View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, August 11, 2008

St. Clare

Today is the Feast of St. Clare. My oldest daughter was named for her - Catherine Clare, but everyone calls her Clare. If she had been a boy, she would have been Kenneth Francis.

You think maybe we were slightly Franciscan in orientation?

One of the traditions we had when the girls were young was giving them feast day gifts. Usually the gift was some some religious item or special book. As they got older, we stopped the gift part, but we continued with remembering them on that day (I called Clare).

There's also St. Bridget of Sweden and St. Emily de Rodat for my other two daughters.

Happy Feast Day Clare!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home