View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Dad and the bees

I wrote about St. Padre Pio and Brother Bee, now it's time for dad and the bees.

My dad had major surgery on Tuesday, and they've got him nicely doped up with pain killers.

He's seeing bees.

On Wednesday, he was convinced they were building a nest in the television in his room. Yesterday, they, and some other bugs, were crawling on the walls and on visitors. Oh, there was also a picnic involving dogs, and a window on an inside wall.

Hmm. Must be good stuff.

I'm going back to see him today. If he's still buzzing, maybe today is the day to play cards and put money on the games.

Really dad, I have five aces. Really.

UPDATE: Turns out dad had a mild heart attack overnight. He's okay, as far as one can be okay after a mild heart attack. In between doctors and tests today we traded jokes. I'm back home to restock my supply of jokes.

Prayers are also welcome.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for your father.

11:23 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thank you!

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home