View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Deacon quest - sigh

Got back from vacation to find a messsage from the canon lawyer.

Hopes up, I called.

Seems the second canon lawyer reviewing the case had a few questions, so I have to meet with the first canon lawyer next week to answer the questions, then sign the actual document.

I asked how things look. He said they could go either way.

Sigh.

My wife wonders if all this is worth it.

Part of me is beginning to wonder, too. Maybe I should just stick with the choir!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Is God calling you to it? Possibly.

Is answering God's call worth it? Always.

5:27 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Called? Perhaps.

Just feeling down about it right now.

Keep me in your prayers, please.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Not a problem.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lee,
Thanks for your comments and prayers on my blog - amazing how these things are found!I have reached the stage where I have decided to ask my wife what she thinks about me applying for the deaconate. I have had so many people saying to me - you ought to be a Deacon - if that's not God pointing me in the direction, I don't know what is! I see you have been thinking about your prayer life. I think prayer is different for each one of us. I have recently become involved with the Charismatic Renewal side of things and as a result I have received Baptism in the Holy Spirit - some of this is explained in my blog. Since then, I have found that I almost automatically wake up each day and have a conversation with God. I find I am prompted to do this throughout the day, often by the strangest of thoughts! I also find great support in listening to spiritual music, Brian Doerksen for example who has composed some wonderful songs. One based on Psalm 13 is especially for those who feel down. I recommend his album, Live in Europe http://www.briandoerksen.com/ Graham Kendrick is another great source of inspiriration:http://www.grahamkendrick.co.uk/ I often listen to these and others in the evening before I go to bed and also in the car to and from work. St Augustine said to sing is to pray twice. So listening to sung praise is like listening to God's word twice! Anyway, don't feel down, keep up the choir and if God wants you to be a Deacon, nothing will stand in His way. God Bless.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home