View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

A memorial tribute

It was a line in a death notice, but it made me smile.

Barbara Hoffman, formerly of Rochester, more recently working as an English professor at Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania, died at age 65.

The notice listed all the usual details about relatives, burial, a memorial Mass, and so on.

But it included: "In Barbara's memory, read a book or poem, savor beauty, live life deeply with gratitude for all God's gifts."

What a great tribute.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Hoffman taught us to "squeeze every last drop out of life".

Without a doubt in my mind, I can tell you that's just what she did until her last breath. I intend to do the same. You should, too.

Rest in peace.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home