View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

The choir takes a summer break

Well, I won't be viewing from the choir for a couple of months.

Today was the last day before we take our summer break.

Of course, this year, I've also been playing guitar with the choir.

For you purists, by the way, we two guitarists don't play on everything. The choir also sings many songs that are not suited to guitar. Then I just sing - as I did today on "Ave Verum Corpus."

For the summer, I'll be available to lector, and to sit with my wife.

She will like that.

As for my trusty Taylor, I hope to play at a few coffee houses or do some busking, so it will still be in use.
Oh, and when I say the choir is off for the summer, I don't mean this blog.
As for dad, I went over the the hospital today, told him a few jokes, and read some Bible passages (his Bible is back at the adult home; he didn't want to bring it with him). He has to undergo more tests tomorrow. He still can't eat anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home