View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Waiting

I received a letter inviting my wife and me to a day of reflection on the diaconate.

It gave me a spark of hope, even though I know such letters were sent to anyone who had expressed interest in the diaconate.

But this day of reflection is the first step in the process. It's the start of what could be a five-year road of prayer, study and discernment.

Yet it also has me anxious. It's a deadline.

I have not heard from the canon lawyer with a decision about whether my possible impediment is indeed an impediment.

I will register for the day, but a part of me wonders - what if they say I can't go on at this time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep praying! Things will work out in God's way.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I will keep you in my prayers.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home