View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Update: I'm not dead yet

I used to file more regularly - but I've been split over several outlets of late.

I'm part of the team that writes for Chesterton and Friends, so I write at least one piece a week for that blog.

I've also been the community blogger for our local daily newspaper. I write several entries a week for that.

Plus, I work one full time job (teacher) and one part-time job (weekend radio newscaster/announcer).

And Santa season begins soon, so I'll be back in red suit at the mall in a few weeks.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

That's on top of being vice president of a library board, a member of the choir at church, and caring for a grandmother (91) and father (74), both in homes, and trying to sell my father's home.

Oh, and then there's my wife, who likes to see me occasionally (believe it or not!).

Of course, that make it difficult to keep up reader interest. And it leaves little time and energy to be creative.

Sorry about that.

I'm not quitting. I just wanted to let you know what's up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean and it's very forgivable. Do it when you can and don't sweat it too much.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home