View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Choir time, with guitar

The summer hiatus is nearly over.

The choir had its first practice Wednesday.

I was there, with voice - and guitar.

Yes, all you guitar bashers, our choir does include guitars.

The main instruments are organ, piano and voice, but we also have a flute, a bass and for years, one guitar. I am now the second guitar.

We won't play on all pieces, and on most that we do play on we are there for rhythm. But there are some hymns that lend themselves to guitar. With two of us, we can now add some color and some finger picking.

Choir music returns to Mass next Sunday.

I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did Choir Mass go?

10:21 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Two weeks in - great! Thanks for asking

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home