View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father Corapi Jumps Ship?????



I'd been hearing rumblings about Father Corapi leaving active ministry for good. Now I find this video above.

Is that Father Corapi? Is this real, or is an imposter behind this?

And the images of that black sheepdog strongly suggests a wolf.

I don't know what the truth is. I'm hoping that Father Corapi will suddenly come out at say, "This is not true." Or even, "I made a big mistake. Forgive me, and disregard all this."

I'm not part of some "Cult of Corapi." I don't own any of his books or tapes, nor have I ever attended any of his talks.

But he has been a powerful voice for Catholicism and there are many people who admire him. At our Secular Franciscan retreats one of the Franciscan Brothers regularly gets laughs by imitating Father Corapi's distinctive voice and style.

I hope this is not true.

I hope if it is true that some people will not grow frustrated and discouraged in their faith.

I hope that if it is true Father Corapi will find the healing he needs.

All I can do is pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home