View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, April 29, 2011

A not so hot time

I was supposed to go see a play directed by a friend tonight.

Alas, when I got home, I noticed the house seemed a bit cool. I turned up the thermostat - nothing happened. So I call the furnace repair place.

They gave me a window of when they would arrive. Early, and I'd be able to get to the play.

Late, well ...

He arrived half an hour after the play began.

He just left, with a few hundred of my dollars in his pocket.

Sigh.

That's part of the joy of home ownership.

I'm sorry I didn't get to see the play. But the wait allowed me time to sit peacefully and do some Bible reading and to say the Divine Mercy chaplet. And I'll get to bed early. Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home