View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holy Saturday

I went up to St. John's today wondering if they would have a Communion service.

Alas, no.

But they did have morning prayers led by one of the priests, and Confessions. I had been hoping for a chance to get to Confession, there were a couple of things weighing on my heart and soul, so I was overjoyed.

Thank you Lord.

At the regular Planned Parenthood Saturday prayer vigil, some stalwart souls braved the biting winds to say a Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet. One of the people said an ancient St. Joseph Prayer, and he had some prayer cards with the prayer to share. My Confirmation name is Joseph, so I was happy to receive the prayer.

Thank you Lord.

Then, when I went to do some banking, I got inspired to stop by the Christian shop near my bank. I'd been feeling the need to listen to some more meditative Christian music, and I wondered if they would have anything by John Michael Talbot. Yes. One album: The Troubadour Years. Wonderful. I listened on the way home.

Thank you Lord.

Holy Saturday often seems like an in-between day, a day for waiting. But for me, this Holy Saturday has been one of spiritual nourishment. And it's not over yet.

Thank you Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home