View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

I got to the Stations of the Cross for Life this morning. It was good to pray and sing with so many committed people.

This afternoon, I took the dog for a walk, and said a Rosary.

Then I went over to the Church after the Good Friday service for private prayers.

I feel the need for alone time on Good Friday, so I tend to avoid the parish's service. I don't want to play music or sing in the choir on this day either. Nothing against the parishioners or the choir members - there are many good and holy people at St. Theodore's - but on Good Friday my prayers with the prolifers in the morning fulfills my community needs for the day.

I started the Divine Mercy Novena, including a chaplet, in an empty church with a bare cross and just two candles providing light.

I felt sadness - at my own sinfulness, and as I thought of what Jesus suffered. But I also felt peace at heart. A strange mixture.

Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home