View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, April 25, 2011

An account of prochoice violence (in Rochester)



From Mary at Focus Pregnancy Center

Dear Prayer Warrior,


If you click on 'download' you'll see a bigger picture of what 2 girls did to us pro lifers, on Holy Thursday. They walked down the sidewalk, where Rob was standing & pretended to be going into Planned Parenthood. They walked to the PP door & then they came around the bushes & started to throw eggs at Martha, Adolf & myself, who were standing there.



As they were running to get away they passed by Rob, the one girl threw an egg at him but it bounced off his jacket & hit the sidewalk. He chased them to their van which was parked on University Ave. up the street & there was a child in it to his dismay. He memorized the license plate # & I called the police. The officer then went to her house, to confront her. He asked her if she was on University Ave. this afternoon & had thrown eggs at some people there on the sidewalk? She answered "yes" & was arrested. Because she had a child in the house she was not taken downtown but will receive an appearance ticket to appear in court, in the near future, with a charge of Harassment in the 2nd. degree. It will be determined, at that time, if it will be a judge or jury decision. We will have to go to court, in the near future, too. I am more concerned about the child, who was left alone in the van, then what happened to me. I was able to feel a little what the Lord felt when He suffered humiliation, for my sins, on the way to the Cross.



I also thanked St. Veronica for wiping the precious Face of Jesus from all the blood, spit, sweat & tears, that He endured for me. It was an humbling experience & it couldn't have happened on a better day than Holy Thursday. I am not writing this email for any self pity but for you to pray for this girl & her child & her girlfriend, who was busy throwing eggs too. She would not give the officer her name. They must both be in a lot of pain to have done this to strangers. I got the egg thrown at me with her full force & it hit me on the right side of my head, near my eye.



The good Lord & Mother Mary & St. Michael were watching over us, for Martha & Adolf had just finished the Rosary & I had just said the St. Michael Prayer & earlier Martha had sprinkled, on the sidewalk, some Holy Salt, which is a Sacramental of the Church. Please again pray for these two girls, & the little girl who was left alone in the van, while the mother was committing this crime & for us & our continuous safety, especially during the summer months. Thank you. God has protected Rob & I for the past 15 years that we've been out there on the front lines, near Planned Parenthood, & everyone else who has joined us there too. Needless to say these girls were NOT in Planned Parenthood but were driving by when they saw us out there & set their evil plan in motion to egg us. They must have just been to the grocery store?? I might never eat another egg again :(

Happy & Blessed Easter season to you. Thank you again for your prayers & love for our ministries, both on the sidewalk & at Focus.

God bless you always,
Mary @ Focus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home