View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sunday Snippets (2/6/11)

Time for another edition of Sunday Snippets hosted by RAnn at This That and the Other Thing.

I wrote a lot this past week related to the Live Action expose of Planned Parenthood, but the two pieces I want to highlight are on other topics.

At our parish, I've been voicing some concerns about some liturgical practices. Suddenly there appeared in our parish bulletin a curious piece concerning "liturgical weeds."

I also attended a retirement party, prompting some light-hearted reflections about appropriate retirement gifts.

As always, check out the other people whose blogs are featured in Sunday Snippets.

By the way, if you do check out my blog, and like what you see, consider voting for me in the Best Religion Blog category of the Blogger's Choice Awards! (The listings are by votes, then alphabetical. Because this blog used to be called "From the back pew," you have to look for backpew.blogspot.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home