View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Saturday Morning Prayers at Planned Parenthood

In light of recent revelations about yet more wrongdoing at Planned Parenthood, I decided today to get over to the Planned Parenthood branch just 10 minutes from my home for the weekly Rosary across the street from it.

I've known about the weekly prayers there for a long time, yet for some reason I never went. Instead, I've prayed outside the Planned Parenthood in the city where we hold our 40 Days campaigns.

Determined to give it a shot, I went to morning Mass, stopped home, and then headed for the Planned Parenthood.

Including myself, nine people showed up to pray - a good number on a chilly February morning (28 degrees). We said a Rosary, a Divine Mercy Chaplet, some prayers for the intentions of the pope, and a few other prayers.

As we prayed, a few people went into the clinic, including a young black couple. The young woman looked uncertain. I said extra prayers for them.

The other people praying were obviously regulars. I admire their commitment. I hope to go there more regularly.

Prayer is a powerful weapon against the Culture of Death and the Lord of Lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home