View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

No Matter How Small (A Respect Life Poem)

This poem was written by Laura (with some inspiration from Dr. Seuss). She has a wonderful blog, Catholic Teacher Musings.

Plain or pretty
Skinny or Fat
A person's a person
I like it like that.
And if you speak funny
Like some of us do..
Guess what? You're a person!
Oh my yes. It's true.
Are you somewhat nutty?
A bit off your rocker?
You still count my dear friend
(I know it's a shocker!)
If you have some limbs
That don't work so well,
You're 100 percent people..
This fact I do tell.
Do you like to eat liver?
(Though I think it's gross).
That still makes you human
And to you I toast!
Your brain may be slow
or yet, fast it may be
But the fact still is this-
You suit God to a T.
Perhaps you are old
And your skin doesn't fit.
But that doesn't matter
Not one little bit...
Or maybe you're tiny
And can hardly be seen
You are no less a person
To say so is mean.
Because you ARE a person
The most awesome of all...
And a person's a person
No matter how small.

by Laura Graham Fetters (with some Dr. Seuss inspiration.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home