View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

St. Francis - Rule of 1223: Quarreling and judging


"Indeed, I counsel, warn and exhort my friars in the Lord Jesus Christ, that when they go about through the world, they are not to quarrel nor contend in words, nor are they to judge others, but they are to be meek, peaceable and modest, meek and humble, speaking uprightly to all, as is fitting." - III

As part of my Secular Franciscan Order formation readings, I came across that passage yesterday. It jumped out at me.

I fail to follow that rule too many times. I am too ready to judge, too ready to quarrel and contend. Forgive me, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home