View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boom

So, I was on the way to Saturday morning Mass, stopped at a red light, when a van coming up behind me did not stop.

Next thing I know is I'm part way into the intersection, my rear view mirror is in the back seat, and the rear end of my car is partly in the trunk. Good thing I had my seat belt on.

I didn't make it to Mass.

Slick roads. Sigh.

Now arranging for a rental, and car repairs. This could be a big one. Luckily, it's on the other driver's insurance. The other driver, by the way, said she was fine. A bit of front end damage to her vehicle.

Van vs. midsize. Van wins.

Meanwhile, my back is not happy.

Still, in the scale of things, I have to deal with inconvenience and maybe a sore back, but the people of Chile are dealing with a massive earthquake and many other places are facing possible resulting tsunamis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben Anderson said...

oh my! sorry to hear that, Lee. Hope your back heals quickly.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

In the scale of things it is small but no less important. Praying for you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Ann Murray said...

Sorry to her about the accident and yout attitude to it all is very Christian and commendable. Hope things get sorted soon.
Those poor people in Chile certainly need help in every way and prayer too.

2:40 PM  
Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Sorry about your accident...Hate it when that happens! Hope you back is better and indeed I am praying for the people of Chile! Good rest of the day to you! Cathy

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home