View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, March 05, 2010

Dad: Back at the home

They have moved Dad back to the nursing home rather than into the official hospice. They will be following hospice protocols at the home. The idea is that at least he would be in more familiar surroundings.

I went to see him. He did not know where he was - though he did know me. He talked about being able to walk - something he has not been able to do for a couple of years now. He wanted his television on - he does not have one of his own in his room.

He is on oxygen. He is down to 134 pounds. In the navy, he'd been the fleet heavyweight boxing champion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home