View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Rock of Faith, okay, but ...

We played for the Mass today. It went well - though I messed up some chords. Argh. Practice.

With Lent coming, we have to change some of the songs. We are playing February 28. One of the songs we will do that day is Matt Maher's "40 Days."

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

One of my 3 favorite Lenten songs/hymns

along with How Could You Say No? by Steve Angrisano, and of course, "O Sacred Head Surrounded/O Sacred Head Now Wounded"

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that song. I'm curious do you have the sheet music and sing with all the instruments or do you a a CD music accompaniment. I just started a choir at our church with enthusiastic kids who I am leading but we have only have 1 guitar player. How big is your choir?

5:40 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Thanks for stopping by Margo.

We play and sing.

We have acoustic guitar (me), keyboards, bass (the bass player also sometimes plays lead guitar), drums, percussion, and sometimes sax and flute.

We have three female vocalists (one of whom is our lead singer on most songs), The keyboard player, drummer and I also sing, mostly backup but sometimes leads or solos.

All told, we have nine regulars in the group.

We are lucky in that the instrumentalists (keyboard, bass, drums, guitar) and the leader of the group (who also plays saxophone) all have a history of playing in choirs, groups, bands, orchestras, etc.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home