View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dad - Update

I got home from band practice to find a message from the nursing home to call. Dad had continued to deteriorate - his oxygen was low, his lethargy had increased. They'd sent him back to the hospital.

Off to Emergency. The doctor said he still has signs of he pneumonia he'd had two weeks ago - but they'd released him at that time because he'd "improved." Now, here he is back. The doctor decided to admit him.

When I spoke to Dad, he acknowledged me, then drifted off to sleep again.

4 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Praying for you and your dad! Cathy

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers from here, too.

7:17 AM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

I pray that you Dad is better. Give us an update if you have time. Prayers.

7:51 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

At least tonight (Wednesday) he wasn't talking about killing a rat in his room with his hand!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home