View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lemonade

There's an old saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."

My mind working the way that it does, and given all that's going on at work and in my personal life, I woke at 1:30 this morning.

I lay there for a while. Sleep did not return.

So I got up and finished reading the last 90 pages or so of Piers Paul Read's The Death of a Pope.

A good read - though I had pretty much figured out most of what was going to happen at the end the novel by the time I was half way through the book. Still, a good enough story to hold my attention

I recommend it.

Then I said morning prayers, read the Sunday morning paper (that arrived a little after 3), and wrote more of my novel (I'm still on track with the 500-words-a-week goal during the school year).

All that's fine. I just hope I don't wake at 1:30 tomorrow: I have to teach school.

Maybe tonight before I go to bed I'll drink some lemonade - with a shot of whiskey in it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home