View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

We Lose - Yay!

To tell you how much of a Bills fan I am, I was hoping they would play an ugly game today and lose - and they did!

3-6 - Whoopee! Way to go Cleveland!

Now before you think I'm crazy - okay, crazier than you suspected - I wanted the Bills to lose so maybe the owner would FINALLY fire the coach. That's the only way I can see them improving this year.

Now, there's hope.

Is it sacrilegious to say a novena to get someone fired?

(I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but he needs to get a job as an insurance salesman, or something similar).

On a more serious note, Boston was eliminated from the baseball playoffs. Sigh. I need to spend more time reading my Franciscan formation materials anyway.

When does Syracuse University basketball start?

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent post.

I will not comment on the Bills for fear that this comment will transform into a profanity-laced tirade.

~Dr. K

5:02 PM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

On a more serious note, Boston was eliminated from the baseball playoffs.

The Bengals are 4-1, and my son caught the game-winning touchdown for his sixth grade football team today. All in all, a good sports weekend. ;-)

5:17 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Are you saying that Boston losing ... is a good thing?!

6:05 PM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

Lee,

From the late 70s to the mid-80s, my father and I watched virtually every Yankee game televised in Rochester. He'd make a big bag of popcorn on the range "old school"-style, and we'd listen to Phil Rizzuto call the plays. "Holy Cow!" They are cherished memories.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Patti-n-Mike said...

Bumming about the Sox. Just too much of a Sox/ Mets fan to cheer for the Yankees. I guess baseball is over for me this year.

6:35 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

That's okay, Rich. Some time in Purgatory will help to clear up that idolatry - if you genuinely repent!

6:46 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

RailRider - you could root for any team that's against the Yankees. Or maybe root for the Dodgers so that Torre can whup them!

6:47 PM  
Blogger David Marciniak said...

I'm not sure Ralph's got it in him to fire Dick - I sometimes think I am watching a re-run of "Weekend at Bernie's" when I see him...I am constantly looking to see if someone is propping him up.

Anyway, I hoped they would win, just 'cause, but since they didn't, even though it won't amount to a hill of beans this season, fire the bum. Should'a happened in March.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Patti-n-Mike said...

Normally I would cheer for "anyone but the Yankees," but root for Manny???! I dunno, man.

7:58 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Railrider - okay, Manny gives one pause ... but when you put Manny vs the Yankees on the scales, well ...

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home