View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

The Queen is not amused

Queen Elizabeth is reportedly "appalled" at recent developments in the Church of England.

An article in the Telegraph says she has even "grown increasingly sympathetic" to the Catholic Church over the years!

Pope Benedict plans to visit England next year, and there are reports he will even stay at Buckingham Palace. She had earlier met with other Popes, including Pople John Paul II.

Now I don't expect the Queen to suddenly convert, but I think she reflects an unease among many Anglicans/Episcopalians about the indefensible positions being adopted by their church.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

Interesting! Cathy

6:25 AM  
Blogger ben said...

Shes Technically head of the C of E, I think she aught to atempt to excersise that 'power'

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home