View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Calling all Rochester pro-life bloggers

A while back I mentioned the idea that Rochester bloggers join to take part in the 40 Days for Life campaign. So far, I have signed up for 7 a.m. September 26, and 10 a.m. October 3 to pray outside Planned Parenthood on University Avenue.

The October 3 one would allow folks to get over to OLV for the noon Mass, so how about that one? Let me know if you can make it, then go over to the 40 Days site to register through this link, then by going to the vigil schedule to sign up.

If you can't make it October 3, join me September 26. I picked that early slot that day because I'm going to the Chesterton Conference that starts at 9 out at St. John Fisher College.

I'd love to meet some of you face to face. Bring your rosaries!

5 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee - October 3 is the Transitus. Did you pick that day because of the Transitus? I can't commit to exact days and times, but I always go whenever I can fit it in. I'll probably be there on October 3. but I'll see you before then at the Conference. Pax et bonum.

8:00 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I chose it because it's a Saturday. Of course after I posted it this morning I remembered it was the Transitus and thought, "What if my Franciscan group plans a day of recollection that day?"

Ulp.

5:15 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

I'd be glad to sub for ya. I know the Transitus is supremely a day of OFM spirituality.

Ladies and Gentlemen: Start Your ROSARIES!!!!!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lee!
I'll be their for the September 26th date.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Ben Anderson said...

I just signed up for sept. 26th - see you there!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home