View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Blessed Mother Teresa - Patronness of Life

"Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants."

"It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."
- Blessed Mother Teresa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

We've been so blessed by holy presences in our lives; where would we be without Mother Teresa?

A young friend is wrestling with post-conception decisions, which is not fair to the baby for whom it doesn't bode well.. it's heartbreaking. No one should have to die. 20 years ago, there was already a 5-yr waiting list in the US for folks wanting to adopt a baby; I can't imagine what it is today.

One of our own granddaughters was adopted out. Hindsight is 20/20 so I have changed my mind on what would be best -- keeping her or adopting her out (husband had said no to our raising her until her parent had it together; he was afraid it would break us in more ways than just financially). The child has a stunningly happy and full life. It is hard for everyone to give up their own flesh and blood. But one thing I'll never regret is fighting for the baby's life because that truly was on the line and her death was nearly decided.. I fought dirty --I mentioned the possibility of going to hell. I don't regret it.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home