View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Bad Haiku Friday: The Bills

Buffalo Bills fans
grateful last night's game not shown -
"NEXT year" cries begin

You know team is bad
when winless Detroit beats them -
coach checks resume

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger A Bit of the Blarney said...

It really is football season...Cathy!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

My husband, from Michigan, would agree with your statement about the Lions.
He calls them the "lie-downs."

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG..they lost to the Lions??? I'm so glad I didn't buy a season ticket again this year.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Persis said...

Wonderfully "bad haiku"!!
I, being a "die-hard" Bills fan myself, can truly appreciate them!

Love your blog, and loved your reflection on a "sticky" situation!

Peace!

5:20 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Funny thing is, after I wrote them, I heard that one of the Bills' coaches - the offensive coach - got fired!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home