View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Monday, August 31, 2009

It begins ...

Early one morning a mother went to her sleeping son's room.

"Wake up, son. It's time to go to school."

"Oh Mom, I don't want to go to school."

"Son, give me two reasons why you don't want to go to school."

"One, the kids all hate me. Two, the teachers all hate me."

"Come on son, you have to go to school."

"Oh Mom, give me two good reasons why I need to go to school?"

"One, you are forty-four years old. Two, you are the Principal."


....Off to school this morning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Carol said...

ROFL! I am wishing you a wonderful day, and praying, too, so as to back that up. You really like challenges, don't ya!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Mr. B said...

You'll do fine...

1:28 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

It actually went well. I thnk the kids were almost happy (!?) to be back in school.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Rich Leonardi said...

Glad to hear it, Lee. Coincidentally, our pastor used that joke -- substituting himself for the teacher -- during a homily a few weeks ago.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home