View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Friday, August 07, 2009

I'll Let the President Have His Say

"That was gift-wrapped and waiting for me. I don't want the folks who created the mess do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."

-- President Obama, August 6, commenting on the economic challenges and rising deficit left by the Bush administration, with a call for opponents of his plans to be less vocal.

If they do too much talking, maybe we are then supposed to report them to the White House.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Kay said...

How can someone who obviously has no clue about the First Amendment be president?

9:00 PM  
Blogger Patti-n-Mike said...

Seemed to work OK for Bush; he was clueless about lots of our laws and civil rights.

7:55 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

I was no fan of Bush II - I didn't vote for him either time. I don't know if clueless is the right word, but clearly he made some very poor decisions.

By the way, I have never voted for a ticket that had a Bush on it - VP or P!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home