View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Egging Me On

My house was egged.

I spotted the egg shell debris and scattered fluids when I was taking out the garbage.

My first thought was that we had been the random target of one of the many roving packs of knuckle-headed teens who wander our neighborhood.

But then I thought, what if it wasn't random? And what if it was perpetrated by other sorts of knuckleheads?

After all, I am pretty out-spoken on this blog. I have offended a few folks along the way. And my home address is not exactly a secret.

I have been openly pro-life and critical of the pro-choice cabal. I have attacked the statements and policies of President Obama. I have opposed homosexual marriage and echoed Church statements that homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered. I have admonished schismatics for abandoning the Faith and distorting its teachings. I have fulminated against certain liturgical abuses and New Age practices. I have chided progressive Catholics for twisting or watering down the Faith. I have reproached traditional/conservative Catholics for the uncharitable nature of some of their actions and comments. I have berated Episcopalians for gradually straying even further from the Faith that their over-sexed founder abandoned and taking in over-sexed former Catholic priests. I have echoed the Church's opposition to the death penalty in most cases. I have called the Iraq invasion unjust and President Bush and his cronies war criminals. I have defended contemporary liturgical music and guitars in church. I have written bad haiku. I have been prone to humor and satire.

There's lots of material in this blog to offend fanatics.

And some of those fanatics - such as the pro-choicers - have a history of violence.

Of course, it could be individuals motivated to egg my house for a variety of reasons. Perhaps it was pro-choice pro-homosexual marriage progressive Catholic/schismatic Obama supporters - in other words, the kinds of folks who attend Spiritus Christi, or are on the staff at certain parishes. Or maybe it was pro-Iraq invasion pro-death penalty anti-guitar-at Mass traditional Catholics taking a break from writing (in Latin) to the Vatican. Maybe it was New Age literary critic Episcopalians who don't have a sense of humor.

I'm still inclined to think it was knuckle-headed teens.

But I'm keeping an eye out for cars with tell-tale bumper stickers - like "Women's Ordination Conference" or "It's Better In Latin" or "Obama" - that slow down in front of my house.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have indisputable evidence that it was Sr. Joan: I saw her do it in a vision.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous MexFiles said...

Probably lesbian Latinaphilic Episcopalians.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home