View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Swedenborg: The Novel - Another Goal

One of my goals for this summer is to add another 10,000 words to my "Christian horror" novel. My goal last summer was more ambitious - 18,000 words to get it up to 35,000 words. By late August I'd made it: 35,028.

Then I got caught up in school, becoming principal, the Secular Franciscans, and more. So I haven't looked at it since then! (Some writer, eh?)

45,000 words total by August. That works out to about a thousand words a week. Doable.

I still don't have a title for it - though I refer to it as "Swedenborg" because I'm using some of his ideas as a jumping off point (he's the fellow above).

Over the next couple of days I'll be rereading what I've written so far. I hope to start writing next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Loveman said...

Good luck! I've got four novels near completion simultaneously - the characters keep bumping into each other in my head :)

3:58 PM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Did this guy start that Swedenborgian Church?

1:13 AM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Choir loft - That church is based on his ideas, but it did not start until several years after he was dead. He did not start it.

6:12 AM  
Blogger In the choir loft said...

Lee: you can called me loft (hee hee). I should real know more about that church. Just in case I run into one of them.

Jim

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home