View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Updates

My mother-in-law remains in the hospital. She is still weak on her left side. They've determined she has partly clogged arteries, so a procedure will have to be done eventually. She also has diabetes - which we didn't know. A change in diet is in the works.

I don't consider my summer break as starting officially until Thursday - too much left to do at school yet. But I have started a couple of my summer goals. I'm reading the Bible daily (currently reading James). I've also begun to work on my weight - cutting back on food and especially snacks, and getting out for walks. Already down from 220 to 216.5 - but the first pounds are always the easiest to drop. Let's see what happens by late July!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home