View from the choir

I am a Catholic layperson and Secular Franciscan with a sense of humor. After years in the back pew watching, I have moved into the choir. It's nice to see faces instead of the backs of heads. But I still maintain God has a sense of humor - and that we are created in God's image.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Can't Blame Vandals for This!


We had some pretty strong thunderstorms in Rochester Friday. Even though I was in the house, I did not hear part of the tree behind our fence fall over our new fence.

It damaged the fence.

It also slightly bent one of the Good-Looking-One's bird feeders. (The birds are not happy about it.)

I'm now waiting for the tree crew to arrive.

Maybe God's trying to get my attention - and the eggs weren't enough!

4 Comments:

Blogger In the choir loft said...

At least no one got hurt by a falling tree. Will you use the wood for burning?

8:07 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Yes, no birds were injured as far as I can tell!

Burning the wood? We don't have a fire place. The tree crew hauled away most of the small stuff. If the neighbor wants to go behind the fence where the tree is - on an old rail bed that backs all the properties on our street - she is more than welcome to it.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Richard said...

It's the old Zen paradox... if a tree falls in the backyard, what is the sound of one egg splatting?

1:18 PM  
Blogger A Secular Franciscan said...

Let he who is without zen cast the first koan.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home